Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound – 2 Day POCUS Course
Now that you can scan, it is time to integrate your point-of-care findings into holistic patient care. This course teaches from the clinical problem, encourages multisystem scanning and challenges you with real-case based discussions. It is not for the beginner.
In the peri-arrest situation, you have to work with sub-optimal images. You pay attention to function as well as structure. We talk about different ways to gather this vital data, how to cross-check your findings and customise your management.
You will spend 2 days honing your approach to the hypotensive patient. RUSH is more than just finding a mechanism for hypotension, it is about assessing the capacity of interacting systems to cope with ongoing stress. This course will give you tools to customise your management for each hypotensive patient.
· Rapid Ultrasound in Shock Protocol (Heart, simple lung, Abdomen, IVC and deep veins)
On completion of the course the following topics will be covered:
- The Bayesian approach to point of care ultrasound for appropriate management decisions.
- Practice "hands on" ultrasound scanning skills to answer relevant clinical questions
- Recognise the sonographic appearances of normal and abnormal function in common clinical scenarios
- Perform E-FAST, AAA, BELS, Proximal Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)scanning.
- Case based discussions centring on peri-arrest and hypotensive scenarios and challenges to interpretation during crises.
- Describe the limitations of ultrasound and safe application of ultrasound in medical diagnosis and management.
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
ACEM | This course is approved for 15 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies.
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key
Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218