Breast Ultrasound Techniques
This course is designed to provide the ultrasound skills required in breast sonography. The integrated approach begins with an upbeat look at the basics of ultrasound physics including artifact recognition and continues with in depth discussions on echo pattern recognition in normal and abnormal examinations and practical scanning techniques. Small group “hands-on” sessions will complement the lectures, ensuring an opportunity to perfect the techniques under the guidance of expert sonographers.
This course is suitable for sonographers, mammographers, clinicians and radiologists who may wish to update or consolidate skills in this area.
- Practical Physics of Ultrasound
- Artifacts & Image Optimisation
- Ultrasound Anatomy & Pathological Appearances
- Breast Pathology
- Appearances in Breast Implants
- Interventional Techniques
- Advances in Breast Imaging
- Multiple practical tutorial sessions in small groups
- To provide an overview of the basic physics of ultrasound and artifacts associated with breast imaging.
- To provide a detailed description of the anatomy of the breast and the sonographic appearances in benign & malignant disease.
- To describe sonographic examination techniques in assessment of the breast and breast implants.
- To provide practical tuition in the acquisition of high quality, diagnostic images.
ACRRM | Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine
Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 3 days under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
Rural Procedural Grants Program – GPs can receive $2000 per day for a maximum of 10 days of training per financial year, GPs providing hospital based emergency services can receive up to three days of eligible training per financial year. Access: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RACGP | Activity Number: 104093, 40 Category 1 points. Specific Requirement Eligibility – Diagnostic radiology
Grant Approved Training – 3 days under Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery. Forward your certificate of attendance and program of the activity (including session times and content) and claim form to email@example.com