EARLY PREGNANCY ULTRASOUND - 1/2 DAY
Establish a systematic approach to transabdominal scanning. Answer critical questions in early pregnancy. Evaluate viability, confirm an intrauterine pregnancy, survey the pelvis for pregnancy of unknown location. Describe the criteria for failed pregnancy. This program is specifically designed for health professionals who have an interest in point of care Obstetric ultrasound. Fine-tune your technique with a sytematic approach with practical hands on scanning on varying gestations.
At the end of this course the attendees should be able to:
- Identify the parameters for the safe application of ultrasound and its limitations in medical diagnosis.
- Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ultrasound.
- Practice “hands on” ultrasound scanning skills required to maximise diagnostic ability in answering relevant clinical questions
- Recognise the sonographic appearances of normal and abnormal structures required to answer common clinical questions
- Acquire images obtained on pregnant volunteers
- Interpret images on a variety of pregnant volunteers
- Recognise the variants and abnormalities from presentations and case-based learning
- Document the ultrasound findings
- Describe the criteria for early pregnancy loss
- Describe the ultrasound appearances of pregnancies of unknown location
- Equip the learner with the foundation skills to begin to incorporate the ultrasound skills with the clinical situation to make appropriate management decisions
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters,