Early Pregnancy Ultrasound EM - 1/2 Day Course
Establish a systematic approach to transabdominal scanning. Answer critical questions in early pregnancy. Evaluate viability, confirm an intrauterine pregnancy, survey the pelvis for pregnancy of unknown location. Describe the criteria for failed pregnancy. This program is specifically designed for health professionals who have an interest in point of care Obstetric ultrasound. Fine-tune your technique with a sytematic approach with practical hands on scanning on varying gestations.
At the end of this course the attendees should be able to:
- Identify the parameters for the safe application of ultrasound and its limitations in medical diagnosis.
- Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ultrasound.
- Practice “hands on” ultrasound scanning skills required to maximise diagnostic ability in answering relevant clinical questions
- Recognise the sonographic appearances of normal and abnormal structures required to answer common clinical questions
- Acquire images obtained on pregnant volunteers
- Interpret images on a variety of pregnant volunteers
- Recognise the variants and abnormalities from presentations and case-based learning
- Document the ultrasound findings
- Describe the criteria for early pregnancy loss
- Describe the ultrasound appearances of pregnancies of unknown location
- Equip the learner with the foundation skills to begin to incorporate the ultrasound skills with the clinical situation to make appropriate management decisions
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
ACEM | Course 022 is approved for 4.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies.
ACRRM | This course is approved for 7 total activity hours. PDP units: 3 Performance Review, 2 Educational Activity. MOPS points: 3, 3. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
ASUM | Accredited CCPU units included in the course:
- Basic Early Pregnancy
RACGP | This course is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 CPD Program points in 2020-22 Triennium. RACGP ID 235790.
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key
Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218