Ultrasound in Critical Care
A 3-day program, which is constantly revised to reflect current practice, is designed for Critical Care specialists interested in ultrasound techniques useful in their specialty.
This intensive program provides participants with tuition in basic physical principles, understanding of sonographic planes, terminology, measurements and probe manipulation skills, along with techniques involved in ultrasound Needle Guidance and Vascular Access, Basic Echo in Life Support and Lung ultrasound. There is an emphasis on the practical aspects of these topics with comprehensive “hands-on” tuition, led by expert sonographers. Tuition is conducted in small groups and limited to 4 students to allow for adequate time to practice.
- Physical principles & knobology
- Probe manipulation techniques
- Sonographic appearances & terminology
- Vascular Access and Needle guidance techniques
- Basic cardiac scanning techniques (Basic Echo in Life Support)
- Lung ultrasound
- To provide an overview of the physical principles and artifacts associated with B-Mode
- To provide an understanding of basic system optimisation
- To review relational anatomy
- To provide the scanning skills required to maximise technical ability
- To provide an understanding of protocols required in all examinations discussed
ASUM | Accredited CCPU units included in the course:
- Basic Echocardiography in Life Support
- Vascular Access
Procedural GPs can receive $2000 per day, for up to 10 days of training per financial year, and GPs providing hospital based emergency services can receive up to three days of eligible training per financial ye
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA CPD program, may claim this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour.
CICM | Accredited – Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2; Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
ACRRM | Approved for 30 PDP core pts; 30pts PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS EM
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters,