Fast-Track Ultrasound for Emergency Nurse Practitioners
This three-day course has been specifically designed for ED Nurse Practitioners, SMO's and Registrars who would like to become proficient in some basic concepts of ultrasound scanning at the bedside.
In this course, you will be provided with an overview of soft- tissue ultrasound, understanding of ultrasound pattern recognition and common pathologies commonly encountered in the emergency setting. The course includes needle guidance techniques for nerve blocks in the leg and joint aspiration using safe and efficient practices.
- Basic practical physics, “knobology” and artifacts
- Probe manipulation techniques
- Scanning protocols in:
- Nerve Blocks
- the Eye (Ocular)
- Soft Tissue Ultrasound
- To provide an overview of the physical principles and artifacts associated with ultrasound in emergency medicine
- To provide scanning skills required in maximising diagnostic ability
- To provide an understanding of the protocols required in answering common clinical questions
ASUM | CCPU units included in the course:
- Basic Soft Tissue
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218