Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound - 3 Day Upper Limb Course
This sonographer led 3- day program is designed for all medical professionals with an interest in musculoskeletal ultrasound techniques.
The topics provide an overview of ultrasound pattern recognition in tendons and muscles and discussions on the avoidance of common inaccuracies encountered in practice. Emphasis is given to scanning protocols and “tips and hints” for obtaining high quality diagnoses. Practical tuition is in small group sessions using high resolution equipment and volunteer models.
Practising without time constraint to produce a report allows registrants to concentrate on their objectives. Each day will comprise of a practical demonstration and tuition on one area of interest.
- Shoulder ultrasound
- Elbow ultrasound
- Wrist & introduction to hand ultrasound
- Introduction to in plane and out of plane needling techniques.
- To provide basic machine orientation and probe manipulation skills (physics pre reading will be on-line and will be mandatory for access to this course)
- To introduce the anatomy and ultrasound examination of the joints covered.
- To provide a working knowledge of protocols in each of the above areas
- To provide a practical training environment that allows registrants the opportunity to extend their current knowledge
- To discuss common pathologies associated with each area
- To introduce in- plane and out of plane needling techniques and to review the sono- anatomy of common injections
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters,