See your baby before they arrive, while helping us train doctors in ultrasound techniques for early and late pregnancy.
- Free pregnancy ultrasound — No fees
- No Doctor referral required
- Complimentary bounty bags
- Have as many scans as you like!
We scan women who are 8-13 weeks and 20+ weeks pregnant. You are most welcome bring your partner or 1-2 family/friends to the appointment with you. We do not provide reports, however we will advise you and your doctor of any incidental findings that may be identified.
…It was quite a privilege to be able to help out. The AIU staff were all so friendly and appreciative, as were the doctors who scanned me. It was a really lovely experience and I got to see my beautiful bubba!”
Good to know
- Ultrasound is safe – unlike X-ray, ultrasound uses sound wave technology, so there is no radiation exposure.
- Volunteer appointments are typically 1 hour.
- 3D and 4D scans are not available.
- There are typically 1-4 students scanning per volunteer.
- Our highly experienced Sonographers or Clinicians are present at all times.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- All appointments are held in our Gold Coast, QLD office.
- On-site car parking is available.