Our core purpose
Our core purpose is to help those in the health care profession to improve patient care and outcomes.
We do this by focussing on ultrasound education and training. The essential question that motivates us every day is:
How can we better educate and train ultrasound users to:
- Acquire skills in optimising and documenting images;
- Interpret images for clinical reasoning;
- Integrate information for patient management;
Our core values
- To reliably achieve high quality and standards.
- To continually improve, innovate, learn and grow.
Care, Compassion and Respect
- With staff, clients and the wider community.
- To support, help, and collaborate.
- To communicate effectively.
Our education philosophy
Our educational philosophy focuses on:
- Providing desirable skill pathways;
- Course options and modules that allow lots of practice on real patients with a low ratio of student to tutor;
- Giving you a structured educational approach to close your skill gaps.
We work from your current skill level and progress you in a structured way. This is an individualised approach. Everyone learns at a different pace. Instead of providing multiple skills in one day, evidence-based education research and our own experience highlights the need for students to focus on a core skill with regular practice. This moves you towards mastery.
World class facilities
Based on the Gold Coast, Queensland, AIU operates from a bespoke facility that includes classrooms, and scanning bays equipped with AV equipment and the latest ultrasound technology — thanks to our partners, Sonosite and GE.
In 2022, AIU opened its first international office with the launch of ‘AIU Singapore‘ — operating from and in partnership with the National University of Singapore (NUS).
We proudly partner with
// We respectfully acknowledge the Yugambeh people, the traditional owners of the land on which we meet, and pay respect to their Elders past and present, and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples here today.