Obstetric Ultrasound Refresher
This 2-day workshop is suitable for those who have attended an obstetric ultrasound course previously and wish to improve their scanning skills.
- To discuss individual prior knowledge & skills
- To discuss individual challenges
- To improve understanding of the clinical questions that can be answered with Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS).
- To improve the ability to acquire ultrasound images.
- To improve the use of transducer movements – one at a time
- To improve the use of ultrasound buttons
- To improve recognition of normal ultrasound appearances
- Continue to understand when to on-refer
- Explanation of isolated hand movements to improve images
- How to establish fetal presentation & lie
- To use a systematic approach to planning fetal biometry
- How to acquire correct planes for biometry measurements
- How to acquire AFI & Cord Doppler measurements
- Cervix & placenta
- Cord Doppler
ASUM | CCPU units included in the course:
- Monitoring the Foetus
RANZCOG | Activity accredited for 12 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
ACRRM I Approved PDP units = 15 Educational activity
Grant eligible Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics, Surgery & Anaesthetics I 2 days
RACGP | Awaiting Approval