Obstetric Ultrasound Refresher
This 2-day workshop is suitable for those who have attended an obstetric ultrasound course previously and wish to improve their scanning skills.
- To discuss individual prior knowledge & skills
- To discuss individual challenges
- To improve understanding of the clinical questions that can be answered with Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS).
- To improve the ability to acquire ultrasound images.
- To improve the use of transducer movements – one at a time
- To improve the use of ultrasound buttons
- To improve recognition of normal ultrasound appearances
- Continue to understand when to on-refer
- Explanation of isolated hand movements to improve images
- How to establish fetal presentation & lie
- To use a systematic approach to planning fetal biometry
- How to acquire correct planes for biometry measurements
- How to acquire AFI & Cord Doppler measurements
- Cervix & placenta
- Cord Doppler
ASUM | CCPU units included in the course:
- Monitoring the Foetus
RANZCOG | Activity accredited for 12 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
ACRRM | Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine
Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 2 days under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
Rural Procedural Grants Program – GPs can receive $2000 per day for a maximum of 10 days of training per financial year, GPs providing hospital based emergency services can receive up to three days of eligible training per financial year. Access: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RACGP | Activity Number: 142746, 40 Category 1 points. Specific Requirement Eligibility – Diagnostic radiology
Grant Approved Training – 2 days under Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery. Forward your certificate of attendance and program of the activity (including session times and content) and claim form to email@example.com.