Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound – 4 Day POCUS Course
MODULES: RUSH, RUSH, RUQ, SOFT TISSUE FRACTURES OCULAR
Now that you can scan, it is time to integrate your point-of-care findings into holistic patient care. This course starts with a clinical problem, encourages multisystem scanning and challenges you with real-case based discussions. It is not for the beginner.
You will spend 2 days honing your approach to the hypotensive patient. RUSH is more than just finding a mechanism for hypotension, it is about assessing the capacity of multiple systems to cope with ongoing demand. This will help you tailor you management for the individual patient.
Right upper quadrant is so much more than gallbladder and common bile duct. It is the gateway to the thorax. Expand your RUQ protocol to screen for heart, lung, renal, and even bowel pathology.
When you insert a needle under ultrasound guidance, do you practice safely? Can you name every tissue you traverse? Day Four teaches you to recognise normal soft tissue layers, muscles, joints and bones. We will show you pathologies such as cellulitis, fasciitis, fractures, joint dislocation and effusions. We will also demonstrate eye scanning, using this to revise the principles of safe practice and proper hygiene.
· Rapid Ultrasound in Shock Protocol (Heart, simple lung, Abdomen, IVC and deep veins)
· Right upper quadrant pain presentations
· Normal and abnormal anatomy of soft tissue, eyes, bones and joints.
On completion of the course the following topics will be covered:
- The Bayesian approach to point of care ultrasound for appropriate management decisions.
- Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ultrasound
- Practice "hands on" ultrasound scanning skills to answer relevant clinical questions
- Recognise the sonographic appearances of normal and abnormal structures in common clinical scenarios
- Perform E-FAST, AAA, Biliary Tract, BELS, Proximal Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)and Musculoskeletal scans.
- How to use the RUSH protocol in the clinical field, with pathology and variants illustrated from real cases.
- Describe the limitations of ultrasound and safe application of ultrasound in medical diagnosis and management.
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters,