Rapid Cardiac Echocardiography: 2 Day Course
This intensive two-day program provides practitioners at the beginning of the learning curve in cardiac imaging with anatomy, physiology, haemodynamics and knowledge of sonographic planes, terminology and probe manipulation skills.
There is an emphasis on the practical aspects of these topics with “hands-on” tuition, led by expert sonographers. Low student/tutor ratios (4:1) ensure comprehensive pratical tuition in a personalised fashion
Course content assumes an understanding of basic ultrasound physics.
- Normal adult anatomy
- Sonographic appearances and terminology
- M-Mode acquisition & relationship to 2D/cardiac anatomy
- Common pathologies
Case studies will also be discussed, using computer-assisted technologies to demonstrate measurement techniques in BMode and M-Mode.
- To provide a detailed description of the sonographic appearances of the heart
- To provide an insight into the haemodynamics and physiology of the heart through IVC and TPSE measurement
- To develop an appreciation of the clinical terminology used in echocardiography
- To provide an overview of common pathologies identified by ultrasound examination
- To provide participants with an opportunity for extensive tutor assisted hands-on echocardiographic experience and access to experienced sonographers for specific problems
ASUM | CCPU units included in the course:
- Rapid Cardiac Echocardiography (RACE)
ACEM | This course accredited for 14 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies for BELS (including cardiac arrest), Ejection Fraction and Cardiac Output Assessment (RACE protocol) and Assessment in Undifferentiated Shock.
ACRRM | Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine
Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 2 days under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
Rural Procedural Grants Program – GPs can receive $2000 per day for a maximum of 10 days of training per financial year, GPs providing hospital based emergency services can receive up to three days of eligible training per financial year. Access: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
CICM | Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2;
Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
RACGP | Activity Number: 109549, 40 Category 1 points. Specific Requirement Eligibility – Diagnostic radiology
Grant Approved Training | 2 days under Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery. Forward your certificate of attendance and program of the activity (including session times and content) and claim form to email@example.com
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters,