Ultrasound in Anaesthetics - 4 Day Course
This four day course is aimed at clinicians with particular interest in resuscitation, retrieval and critical care. Two days of cardiac and lung scanning will give you tools to assess a critically ill patient and then guide and monitor your management.
Two days specifically dedicated to regional analgesia will greatly expand your repertoire of peripheral nerve blocks, core and trunk blocks. With these new tools you can alleviate the pain of several critical procedures, transport your patient in comfort or reduce their fracture on site without
recourse to procedural sedation.
o Focused echo-cardiac ultrasound
o Lung ultrasound
o Regional upper & lower limb blocks
o Core & trunk blocks
o Needle Guidance techniques on phantoms
• Identify the parameters of safe application of ultrasound and its limitations in medical diagnosis.
• Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ltrasound.
• Practice “hands on” ultrasound scanning skills enabling you to answer relevant clinical questions.
• To review relational sono-anatomy.
• To provide clinical support regarding clinical techniques when using ultrasound.
Participants will gain the confidence and knowledge to perform regional anaesthesia in various anatomical regions. Tuition is conducted in small groups.
ASUM | CCPU units included in the course:
- Basic Echocardiography in Life Support (BELS)
ACRRM | This course is approved for 27 total activity hours. PDP units: 2 Performance Review, 25 Educational Activity. MOPS points: 2. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
RACGP | This course is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 CPD Program points in 2020-22 Triennium. RACGP ID 192305.
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key
Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218