Advanced Emergency Medicine Peripheral Nerve Blocks – 1 Day Course
* Please note this course is led by an Emergency Physician. For Nerve Blocks led by an Anaesthetist please click here.
Identify and discuss sites, distribution and application of:
- Plane block 1: fascia iliaca block
- Femoral nerve block
- Median, radial, ulnar nerve blocks in forearm and at the elbow
- Axillary nerve block
- Popliteal sciatic nerve block and saphenous nerve block (sub-sartorial nerve block)
- Posterior tibial nerve at ankle (how to find other nerves at ankle)
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
ACEM | Course 012 is approved for 7.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies.
ACRRM | This course is approved for 9 total activity hours. PDP units: 1 Performance Review, 3 Performance Review, 5 Educational Activity. MOPS points: 8. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
RACGP | CPD Accredited Activity 40 points under RACGP 2020-22 CPD program. Approved for specific requirements diagnostic radiology, 1 day Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery and Emergency Medicine training grants. RACGP Provider Number 214288, Activity ID 238750.
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key
Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218