- Beginner, intermediate and advanced image guided injection techniques.
- Knowledge and skills required for hospital and private practice.
- Ideal for Residents, Radiology Registrars and Consultants.
- High yield theoretical and practical workshop.
- Hands-on cadaver workshop (off-site).
- Live demonstrations.
Developed and presented by Dr. Don Van Ngo (Interventional Pain GC), this 2-day image guided interventions course will equip you with the essential knowledge and hands-on skills to be able to comfortably and safely perform ultrasound and CT guided interventions.
In today’s landscape, interventional radiology plays an important role in patient care. Being comfortable with basic to advanced techniques will enhance your ability as a Radiologist and improve patient outcomes.
This course is recommended for Residents wanting to apply to the Radiology program, current Radiology trainees wanting to expand and practice their skills in a safe environment, as well as Radiology consultants wanting to advance and expand their skillset.
Topics covered include:
- Ultrasound guided wrist, hand and digits procedures
- Ultrasound guided elbow and shoulder procedures
- Ultrasound guided hip and knee procedures
- Ultrasound guided ankle, foot and digit procedures
- Ultrasound guided advanced nerve blocks
- CT guided cervical, thoracic, lumbosacral and coccygeal spine procedures
- CT guided shoulder, hip, knee and ankle procedures
- CT guided musculoskeletal and advanced nerve block procedures
Who should attend?
- Radiology Resident
- Radiology Registrar
- Radiology Consultant
The learning objectives for this image guided interventions course are:
- Understand the clinical presentation, examination and imaging findings of commonly referred conditions.
- Understand ideal positioning, imaging anatomy and target sites for percutaneous therapies.
- Understand the workflow with regards to the procedure room, patient, support staff and the proceduralist.
- Understand commonly encountered pearls and pitfalls of imaging guided interventions.
- Understand commonly performed procedures, as well as the exposure to the less commonly performed/advanced techniques.
- Undertake hands-on cadaver lab session to further develop and apply the acquired knowledge.
Dr. Don Van Ngo
Dr. Don Van Ngo is an established Interventional Pain Radiologist based on the Gold Coast. Dr. Ngo has been practicing Radiology for over 8 years, during this time he has treated thousands of patients with various pain conditions.
Dr. Ngo founded and operates a first of a kind Interventional Pain clinic which performs over 100 imaging guided procedures a week. The clinic focuses on enhancing patient experiences, procedural precision and accuracy as well as obtaining the best possible outcome for the patient.
Morning tea, a light lunch and refreshments are provided each day.