Procedural Guidance Ultrasound - 1 Day Course
Most clinicians ‘pick up’ ultrasound guidance techniques in clinical work - few are formally
taught. This course has been designed to give practioners an understanding of ultrasound
guided techniques, machine optimisation and includes tips and traps, anatomy familiarisation
on real volunteers and needling practice on phantoms. Small group practical sessions with
experienced tutors will allow attendees the time to master these techniques in a stress free
- Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access
- Ultrasound Guided – Paracentesis and Thoracentesis
At the end of this course the attendees should be able to:
- Identify the parameters for the safe application of ultrasound and its limitations in medical diagnosis
- Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ultrasound.
- Practice “hands on” ultrasound scanning skills required to maximise diagnostic ability in answering relevant clinical questions
- Perform ultrasound guided vascular access techniques in phantoms
- Perform ultrasound guided steep needle techniques for Paracentesis and Thoracentesis
- Acquire images obtained on normal adult volunteers & phantoms
- Interpret images from normal adult volunteers
- Equip the learner with the foundation skills to begin to incorporate the ultrasound skills with the clinical situation to make appropriate management decisions
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
ACEM | Course 021 is approved for 7.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies.
ACRRM | This course is approved for 9 total activity hours. PDP units: 1 Performance Review, 8 Educational Activity. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
RACGP | This course is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 CPD Program points in 2020-22 Triennium. RACGP ID 192289.
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
CICM | Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2;
Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key
Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218