Ultrasound in Vascular Access Course
- Basic physical principles of ultrasound
- Basic physical principles of colour
- Artefacts and knobology
- Probe manipulation techniques
- Needle guidance techniques
- Scanning protocols in peripheral vascular access
- Practical scanning tuition on patient volunteers
- Practical needle guidance tuition on phantoms
- Not available
This two-day course is specifically designed for vascular access staff who have little or no experience of diagnostic ultrasound, and would like to become proficient in all the basic concepts of ultrasound techniques in peripheral vascular access.
Who should attend?
- Emergency Physician
- ICU Registrar
- Junior House Officer
- Nurse Practitioner
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Palliative Medicine Physician
- Rural Generalist
- Vascular Surgeon
The objectives of this Ultrasound in Vascular Access course are:
- To provide an overview of the basic principles of ultrasound, artefacts & system controls associated with vascular access.
- To provide the scanning skills required in basic vascular access applications, including needle guidance.
- To provide an understanding of the difficulties encountered in ultrasound vascular access examinations and needle guidance.
Morning tea, a light lunch and refreshments are provided each day.