Ultrasound in Labour for Obstetricians, Midwives and Nurses - 2 Day Course
- This 2 day program is specifically designed for health professionals who have an interest in point of care ultrasound.
- Lots of practical scanning with volunteers
Traditionally the assessment and management of labour is based on clinical findings.
The diagnosis of poor progress in labour and decisions regarding the timing and type of assistance required relies on evaluation of cervical dilatation, descent and position of the presenting part.
Ultrasound in active labour is not yet routinely used even though studies have shown that it is more precise and reproducible than clinical examination particularly in assessment of the position of the fetal head.
This program will demonstrate how ultrasound may be a useful adjunct to clinical assessment in the management of a woman and her baby in the labour ward.
- 1. To review the published techniques of ultrasound use in Labour Ward and their practical application.
- 2. To summarize the level of evidence regarding the use of ultrasound in Labour Ward.
- 3. To provide guidance to practitioners when ultrasound in Labour Ward is clinically indicated.
- 4. To provide an understanding of how sonographic findings may influence Labour Ward management.
- 1. Assessment of fetal head position
- 2. Assessment of fetal head station
- 3. Assessment of fetal head descent
- 4. Assessment of fetal head attitude
- 5. Assessment of fetal well being in labour
- 6. Assessment of maternal complications intra-partum and post partum
- 7. Assessment of Emerging Trends in the Use of Ultrasound in the Labour Ward
ACRRM | This course is approved for 15 total activity hours. PDP units: 1 Performance Review, 14 Performance Review. MOPS points: 6, 15. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
ACM | Australian College Midwives approved for 14 CPD points (including 1 hour of Online content)
RANZCOG | 13 Accredited hours
MC | This event is approved as continuing midwifery education by the Midwifery Council. Approval number: 2019CME016E
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key, Broadbeach Waters,