Emergency Nurse Practitioner Ultrasound Course
- Physics essentials
- Ultrasound machine orientation
- Transducer manipulation techniques
- Scanning protocols in:
- DVT ultrasound
- Upper and lower limb nerves
- Soft tissue ultrasound
- Foreign body removal
- Needling techniques
This three-day course has been specifically designed for Emergency Nurse Practitioners, SMO’s and Registrars who would like to become proficient in some basic concepts of point of care ultrasound (PoCUS) scanning.
In this course, you will be provided with an overview of soft tissue ultrasound, ultrasound pattern recognition and pathologies commonly encountered in an emergency setting. The course includes needle guidance techniques for nerve blocks in the leg and joint aspiration using safe and efficient practices.
Who should attend?
- Nurse Practitioner
- Junior House Officer
- Rural Generalist
The objectives of this ultrasound course are:
- To provide an overview of the physical principles and artifacts associated with ultrasound in emergency medicine
- To provide scanning skills required in maximising diagnostic ability
- To provide an understanding of the protocols required in answering common clinical questions
CCPU units included in the course:
- Basic Soft Tissue (ED CAHPU)
Morning tea, a light lunch and refreshments are provided each day.