Rheumatology Ultrasound Course
This Rheumatology Ultrasound course covers not only the ASUM CCPU syllabus for focused rheumatologic ultrasound, but also giving an overview of ultrasound diagnosis and ultrasound machine ownership.
Recommended for trainees and consultants in Rheumatology and Sports Medicine, from beginner to intermediate skill level — this course includes the fundamentals of ultrasound for understanding Doppler in particular, as well as clinical understanding of ultrasound assessment.
Small groups, high number of faculty and a large proportion of the course dedicated to practical scanning ensures real hands-on experience.
Topics covered include:
- Ultrasound physics and equipment.
- 2D ultrasound of tendons, joints and synovium.
- Colour flow imaging, Doppler studies.
- Clinical decision making using ultrasound.
- Ownership of an ultrasound machine and accreditation.
Who should attend?
- Rheumatology Trainee
- Sport and Exercise Physician
- Sport and Exercise Trainee
The objectives of this Rheumatology Ultrasound course are:
- Perform a focused Rheumatologic ultrasound.
- Interpret major abnormalities.
- Integrate ultrasound findings and answer clinical questions based on assessment.
Morning tea, a light lunch and refreshments are provided.