Ultrasound in Phlebology - 3 Day Course
This 3-day program has been specifically designed for members of the College of Phlebology, and any medical practitioners or technologists at the beginning of the ultrasound learning curve, who are interested in ultrasound of superficial and deep venous systems of the lower limb.
All tuition is undertaken in a highly personalised, tailored fashion with intensive “hands-on” practical sessions allowing registrants to gain skills in the most cost effective manner.
- Fundamentals of ultrasound practice
- Scanning techniques
- Ultrasound recognition of venous anatomy
- Practical superficial venous examination
- Practical DVT examination
- Practical needle guidance techniques
- To provide an understanding of system operation
- To provide an overview of the anatomy and pathology of the superficial and deep venous system of the lower limbs
- To provide practical tuition in the techniques of venous scanning including colour and spectral doppler techniques
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
ASUM | Accredited CCPU units included in the course:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Vascular Access
ACRRM | This course is approved for 21 total activity hours. PDP units: 21 Educational Activity. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
RACGP | This course is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 CPD Program points in 2020-22 Triennium. RACGP ID 192310.
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
CICM | Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2;
Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
Gold Coast Office
2 Miami Key
Broadbeach Waters, QLD 4218