Ultrasound in Phlebology Course
ACRRM, RACGP, ANZCA, CICM
- Fundamentals of ultrasound practice
- Scanning techniques
- Ultrasound recognition of venous anatomy
- Practical superficial venous examination
- Practical DVT examination
- Practical needle guidance techniques
Please contact us to be notified when this course is next scheduled.
This three-day program has been specifically designed for members of the College of Phlebology, also applicable to any medical practitioners or technologists at the beginning of the ultrasound learning curve, who are interested in ultrasound of superficial and deep venous systems of the lower limb.
Who should attend?
- Vascular Surgeon
The objectives of this phlebology ultrasound course are:
- To provide an understanding of system operation
- To provide an overview of the anatomy and pathology of the superficial and deep venous system of the lower limbs
- To provide practical tuition in the techniques of venous scanning including colour and spectral doppler techniques
This course is approved for 21 total activity hours. PDP units: 21 Educational Activity. Grant eligibility: Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Surgery.
CPD Approved Activity under RACGP 2023-25 CPD program. Approved for Educational Activities 9 hours, Reviewing Performance 11 hours. Provider Number 214288, Activity ID 439435.
Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and Skills activity short format learning at 2 credits per hour.
Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2;
Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3.
Morning tea, a light lunch and refreshments are provided each day.